Hide background
READ THIS!

Welcome to the Otherkinphenomena forum.

You really have to follow these instructions! Instructions will update as you progress.

If you wish to post on, or access most of the content of our forum and our community, please click here to register first, then follow the instructions below. If you have already registered, please log in, in the above "Hello There, Guest!" box.

Thanks for understanding and see you around.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Days of Night
zilchy
Copy cat
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

30 Days of Night
Gabrielx of House LostHaven was consulted on this, had his words turned on him and had some issues with public statements attributed to him (that he never made) regarding this film.

I like the film as a work of art. Factual accuracy is lacking, as can be expected of Hollywood. So, final verdict, 4/5 Blood Droplets.
2008-03-19 7:51
Find
Give Thanks
Qarael
Eager beaver
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick 

Re: 30 Days of Night
Well, I guess as can be seen on the ol' LJ, I didn't much like it. If the concept itself weren't tired, I would've enjoyed it, but... yeah, it's been done before, and done much better.

That screechy bat-chick, though... she was kind of awesome. I was sad when she got fried, hah.

[Image: qbanner.jpg]
2008-03-25 5:27
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

this movie pissed me off....i almost left the theater and demanded my money back. the name of it should have been totaly different...if anyone has read the graphic novel you'll know just what i'm saying. they took the concept of the novel and the names but that is it....craptacular.

granted if i had not read the graphic novel i probably would have enjoyed it....i think i'm getting tired of hollywood messing up good things.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2008-04-02 7:43
Find
Give Thanks
Cerridwen
Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution:

I have to second that motion that the movie was fantastically crap. I waltzed in to see the ending by accident, and just seeing that last bit already told me it was going to be bad. It's cheesy, predictable and an over-used plotline with vampires swooping down and taking over a village / town etc and killing all humans in sight. Woop-de-doo...the vampires may have found haven in the Artic! Surely they would've discovered this centuries ago? That was the biggest flaw in the entirety of the book. Uhh... >_<

I am what I am, whatever that may be.
2009-07-24 1:55
Find
Give Thanks
Seraphyna
Administrator
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick tick tick tick 

I haven't read the graphic novel and I liked it...until the end. At that point I was laughing so hard I was crying. I mean really "come here hun, let me hold you while you turn to ash" LOLfest.

[Image: seraphyna11_zps47e1e313.png]
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
2009-07-24 1:57
Find
Give Thanks
zimmerchild
Medical Student
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick 

Cerridwen Wrote:I have to second that motion that the movie was fantastically crap. I waltzed in to see the ending by accident, and just seeing that last bit already told me it was going to be bad. It's cheesy, predictable and an over-used plotline with vampires swooping down and taking over a village / town etc and killing all humans in sight. Woop-de-doo...the vampires may have found haven in the Artic! Surely they would've discovered this centuries ago? That was the biggest flaw in the entirety of the book. Uhh... >_<

Well, I do have to disagree with it being a flaw in the book. After all there are those two elders/ancients/what have you, corrisponding through email, that know what those guys are doing is a big mistake. I was most angry that they were cut out of the movie.

~Zola.

[Image: zimmerchildsig.png]
2009-07-24 14:08
Find
Give Thanks
Archer
Suing You
Kintype:
Otherkin:
Contribution: tick tick tick tick 

Factually inaccurate? In what sense?

IIRC the author of the comic wrote it specifically in order to sell movie rights (which, unless your name is Bendis, is pretty much the best way to make lots of money from writing comics anyway) . . . so complaints about big changes between the comic and film don't make sense to me.

Ubi Dubium, Ibi Libertas

Quote:"I have suffered from being misunderstood, but I would have suffered a hell of a lot more if I had been understood."

[Image: neverforgetm.png]
2009-07-25 22:11
Find
Give Thanks