[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Otherkin Phenomena • View topic - Fae and Glamour

Fae and Glamour

Articles about otherkin, magic, spirituality, and related topics. This section can be viewed by guests.

Fae and Glamour

Postby Meirya » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Meirya

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Re: Fae and Glamour

Postby airforcegrrl » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:25 pm

I give this my personal Dark Fae stamp of approval. I have been trying to find a way to explain Glamour to those wishing to learn and I think you have done this quiet effectively. Thank you (bows)
Lady Merencara has spoken.
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
airforcegrrl

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Meirya » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:29 pm

Why thank you! It was difficult to figure out how to explain it, especially as I am most certainly not fae. I'm glad to hear from fae-kin that it rings true. :>
Meirya

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Nic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 pm

<3 Jareth.

<3 you :)
And should it be that we shall never meet again,
Know that I will always keep you in my heart,
And I will search for you in that time beyond time
Until we do meet again, and you will know
That love and family are the miracles of the world.
Nic

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Elvanos » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:54 pm

I have to admit... really an interesting article. 8-)
Elvanos

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby lemur » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:54 pm

lemur

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby aeryael » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:55 am

I loved this article! I never got the term "glamour" very well explained and you did it.
I would like to add something to the part where you say that glamour is something very natural for Fae. It seems so with me - and sometimes, it even bugs me. I tend to attract people and they are somehow fascinated, but then I get tired of them for some reason and they keep going after me and I get really irritated. I don't like being "idolized", that leads me to anger and despise. =/ I like to show my brighter side, but I don't like to be surrounded by "moths", I like to be among people who know who they are and their value and don't have the need to idolize anyone. It feels like they're hoping to find in me something they're missing and I feel kinda drained.
I used to attract weird people on the streets when I was a teenager but now I think I pretty much "closed" the channel to that. Only sights now but it's rare that someone come and bug me.

On the other side, "dark glamour" is something that I can be pretty suscetible to. At least until I get my self-respect back, haha.
aeryael

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Zerochan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Being both a vamp, and a darker fae, I can understand the darker glamour perfectly. I'd say it's not so much drawing people to OUR pain, more so drawing them to what seems to be mysterious, shadowy, unobtainable and enigmatic. Add that in with vampiric compulsion (influence through energy) and you've got a toxic cocktail of manipulation. I've found that it's very easy to draw someone to me and "bleed them dry" of whatever it is I want, so to speak. I've experienced "bright" glamour once, and the fae was so cheerful I sort of wanted to punch her in the face. xD Bright glamour, I agree, lights up a room even in somber times, and I can very much understand how those who are hurting would be drawn to it. I would think that dark glamour more easily draws those that are a little too confident. They think that they can reach what is just beyond that shadow, and it easily devastates when they can't. Like you said though, bright glamour can leave some extremely depressed when they leave it's presence. Both are very dangerous in their own right, but can be very useful.

I've also found dark glamour to be useful in confrontations, for the sole purpose of appearing dangerous, or threatening to the person wishing harm. Well, glamour CAN weave illusions.
Zerochan

kin type:

Postby Drea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:47 am

This was very informative. Thank you for writing. It was a good read.
Drea

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Acta non Verba » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 am

IME, Glamour can be directly tied to emotional state. It seems the article may have said as much in an indirect way when talking of confidence. It may be that empathic projection does imitate glamour, but i suspect that Glamour can simply fluctuate along with one's emotional state as well.

Also, IME, glamour can also repel or hide. It doesn't always draw people in. In my life I had noticed that if I could put myself in a specific emotional state, I could become less nocticeable, much less. Conversely, confident positive emotion can indeed attract etc.

It could be the the emotion fuels the glamour, or the glamour drives the empathic projection. it could be that the empathic projection manifests as "glamour" for fae.
Acta non Verba

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Return to Articles