[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Otherkin Phenomena • View topic - Balancers

Balancers

Articles about otherkin, magic, spirituality, and related topics. This section can be viewed by guests.

Re: Balancers

Postby Seraphyna » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:30 pm

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna
Site Admin
Site Admin

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Motley » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 pm

I find it ironic that you have appointed yourself as an official fluff weeder when you bring this to the table. Something about glass houses and rocks....

They are merely treating you to the same level of questioning and skepticism that you have used on others. What is it that makes your claim better than those others? I expect you to say something about self-examination and thought. If so, then why assume that others have not done the same in their own personal ways? Afterall, we only have your word about the level of questioning or belief that you possess.
"I inherited the spirit of the sun. I'll meet you when the day breaks through. It's time to shine and make all your dreams come true. Come on, wish upon a dog star!" -Hybrid
Motley

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Seraphyna » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Seraphyna
Site Admin
Site Admin

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Iro » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:02 pm

We got off on the wrong foot and I'm sorry that this happened (my fault entirely). I stand behind what I've said, as do you. Peace offering: here's some elfnips. It's quite tasties. :happy_fae:

As for patience and questions and so on, yes, you've been fairly patient. I have an example, though, that might be helpful. This past summer, I studied abroad in Italy (and disliked almost every moment of it, but that's a story for another time). I ended up talking at great length to one of the two American professors (the one I didn't have as a teacher) and we came onto the subject of tests and assignments. She told me that she just had an assignment returned in which none of the students did what she had wanted. As with many other teachers I've met, she was of the opinion that if a good portion of the class does not understand an instruction, then she hasn't explained it well. On the other hand, if a good portion of the class understands but there is one student who still doesn't quite get it, that student can be taken aside for more instruction.

Most of the repeat questions, as far as I've noticed, have been from many people between your posts - that is, we're essentially asking the same questions at the same times. A few, such as the question about energy in relation to order/chaos, have been asked a few times. In this case, there's still something we don't quite understand.

To put it another way, I don't believe you. So what? The fact that I'm still asking you questions about your belief is, from my point of view, the most respectful thing I could do. Then again, I'm really enthused by Socrates and one of my majors is in Philosophy. If I come upon something "new" and I don't have a question, it either means that I'm uninterested (which is disrespectful) or I've grasped it entirely, meaning it really wasn't all that new. In general, I have a few ways of tackling arguments: the glowing approach of enlightening joy on one end of the spectrum, the anger at someone misusing logic to make an affront against some value on the other, a middle ground of stern faced "please try again" in the middle when encountering someone's argument that isn't up to snuff but could be with prodding, and to outright ignore it because it's not worth my time/energy. I've gone across the spectrum in this, but as it's progressed it's drawn closer to the bright and shiny end. I can't say that I'm going to be overjoyed at discussing this topic, but I am sincerely interested in hearing (at great detail, with metaphysical [philosophical sense] and physical [scientific sense] theory) what you have to say. A good number of arguments (jargon; layman's term would be discussions) I've had and have observed (in print and in voice) have been mainly "nitpicking." Generally, if everyone understands all terms in exactly the same way, logic prevails fairly quickly. Few do.

Point being, yes, we might be asking the same questions and "nitpicking" on those, but we'd expect the same from others (especially if we thought they cared) and in asking the same questions we're wanting more details (as much as you can provide). It can be frustrating, but I find the best things in life require effort and thus a modicum of frustration. I agree with the Greeks: pain and suffering is also experience (the word "paschw," from which we get our word "paschal," means both "I suffer" and "I experience).
Iro

Location: Currently the Windswept Paths outside of Pandemonium and the Demon Pits of Tartarus (Tulsa, OK, clos
kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Seraphyna » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:11 pm

Seraphyna
Site Admin
Site Admin

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Archer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 am

. . . and I for one still have absolutely no conception of what "order" and "chaos" mean to you. You might as well be calling them giblbe and rudark.

I also still have absolutely no conception whatsoever as to why you believe any of this to be true.

You said you've spent 9 years plus working it out; but that doesn't actually explain anything. I could spend 9 years thinking about Star Trek, but that wouldn't mean I was the captain of the Enterprise in another life.

Without dialogue, without an examination of the reasons behind beliefs, without a willingness to beat out *why* you (or I, or Iro, or Ges, or anyone else) thinks something is true . . . then at the absolute best it's a guess that might be right. This is a forum on which the motto is "Per Sermo, Adveho Vernum". I don't get the point of posting assertions and guesses as to what might be right, or what "feels" right, or what is "remembered" to be right, unless there is also the serious discussion of the evidence.
Archer
Alumni

kin type:

Postby Ges » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 am

When we first begin all things simply are.
As we grow all things are external.
As we learn all things are internal.
As we understand all things are not.
Ges

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Miniar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 pm

I for one would like to state that I have never been energetically attacked nor fed upon (against my will) in any shape way and/or form and I do not consider myself "strong" in any metaphysical sense of the word and do not think that any lack of attacks/confrontations on the energetic level is any indicator of strength what so ever. It only means you haven't been attacked.
"Those who can't approach discussion with a basic level of intelligence and maturity shouldn't expect to be taken seriously." ~ Qualia Soup
Miniar
Alumni

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Meirya » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Meirya

kin type:
Spiritual Path:

Postby Seraphyna » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:37 am